This 3×5 foot premium artist designed skull area rug features a marigold decorated skull wrapped by a green scaled snake in a unique design celebrating the Dia de los Muertos holiday.
The artist has used a stark black background to accentuate the detail in this skull and snake design. The skull has the look of petrified wood with a few spouted tree limbs for effect.
Out of the eye of the skull blooms a bright yellow and green Marigold.The Marigold, most commonly used in Dia de los Muertos celebrations, is also known as “the flower of the dead”.
It is believed that the spirits of the dead visit the living during the celebration and Marigolds guide the spirits to their altars using their vibrant colors and scent.
Day of the Dead Snake Skull Rug
- The artist has several areas of interest in his design, in addition to the Marigold and petrified wood look, a scaly green serpent or snake is encircling the skull head. Mexican mythology indicates the snake is a symbol of respect, worship and honor. Often a symbol of great power, resurrection and rebirth, the snake is believed to be a powerful emblem of renewal and transition.
- Colors in shades of red, green, gold, taupe, black, brown, gray, yellow and white provide a warm palette for adding coordinating room accessories.
- This is a low cut, dense pile rug with a slight “chevron” pattern to the rug fibers giving this throw rug a rich appearance. This is not a plush rug but is very comfortable under the feet.
Rug Material and Care
- This 3-foot by 5-foot rug is made from 100 percent woven polyester fibers for high durability, long wear and easy maintenance.
- Simple vacuuming will remove most surface dust and dirt. Polyester fibers are dirt and stain resistant because dirt will settle around the fiber instead of being absorbed by them like wool or cotton.
- Spills can be easily blotted or carpet and rug cleaners that are safe for synthetic fibers can be used.
- This rug is machine washable in cold water on a gentle cycle with a mild detergent.
- It should be air dried or tumble dried on low heat.
Important Ordering Information
- This is a PREMIUM Day of Dead 3×5 rug with an artist’s image that is made in the USA and is not available in any big box retailer. It is only available to buy online.
- The rug comes in 2×3, 3×5 and 4×6 foot sizes that will accommodate open floor space in just about any room.
- Because this is premium Dia de los Muertos merchandise, it is made to order and ready to ship in just 3 to 5 business days.
- Pricing will be based on the size rug you select and has not been determined by this sugar skull website.
- This unique design is also available as artwork, a throw pillow, tote bag, wall clock, phone cases and other options through the link below.