This premium QUEEN Aztec skull bedding is steeped in ancient culture in this dramatic artisan design and is sure to make a bold statement if decorating for the Day of the Dead holiday.
In ancient Aztec culture, like others, the head was believed to a source of energy and power. Human sacrifices were made to the gods to ensure the sun would rise each day.
The skulls of the victims were kept as relics and put on display. These skulls influenced Aztec beliefs about death and the afterlife. It is the practice of decorating skulls that originated in Aztec culture. This culture believes life on earth to be something of an illusion with death being a positive step to a higher level of consciousness.
This Aztec Skull Bedding Design
- This duvet cover measures 88-inches by 88-inches square and will fit a standard queen mattress. A queen mattress measures 60-inches wide by 80-inches long so the drape would be about 14-inches on each side of the bed.
- The artist has provided a detailed and textured illustration of an Aztec Skull with serpent brows and an Olmec crown with a starburst background of Aztec inspired decorative glyphs in an elaborate dimensional design.
- Colors are in shades of black and gray that not only adds depth to the design but also projects a sense of mystery.
- This is a single sided comforter cover, meaning this decorated Aztec skull is only on one side of the cover with the reverse side being a soft, solid white.
- Cut and meticulously hand sewn, it is made to the highest quality standard with a concealed nylon zipper for easy removal when cleaning.
Skull Comforter Cover Fabric
- This artisan Day of the Dead bedding is made from 100 percent polyester microfiber fabric.
- Each fabric strand is thinner than a human hair offering an incredibly high thread count per square inch for superior strength and a silky feel.
- This is a polyester fabric weave that also allows it to breathe as well as being static, stain and wrinkle resistant.
- Partner this with a QUEEN duvet insert or use it to cover your existing comforter that needs a fresh new look.
How to Care for this Duvet Cover
- This ancient Aztec skull duvet cover can be machine washed in cold water with a mild detergent.
- Tumble dry on a low to medium heat setting and avoid a hot dryer. High heat can damage fabric fibers.
- Do not use bleach as this can degrade materials and yellow the fabric.
- Generally wrinkle-free, right from the dryer, ironing is not needed, however, if you choose to do a touchup, only the lowest iron setting should be used.
Important Ordering Information
- This is premium bedding with an artisan design. It has been signed by the artist, and not available in any big box retailer. It is only available for purchase online.
- As premium bedding, it is made to order in the USA and is ready to ship to buyers in 3 to 5 business days.
- Other bedding sizes are available — order in FULL and KING sizes as well as QUEEN.
- This Aztec design is also available in other merchandise that can be found through the link below.
- Pricing will be based on the size bedding you select and not by our skull decor review site.