This premium 3×5 foot, artist designed lace skull rug will make a soft, yet dramatic statement when used as Day of the Dead decor.
Lace is derived from the Latin word “laqueus” that means loop or noose. First booming in Europe in the 1700s, lace production required a labor intensive effort and high amounts of personal skill.
It was used as a sign of prestige and wealth and was actually considered a valued possession in the household. Some historical periods have been more lace obsessed than others, but the use of lace today in home decor speaks to heritage styles and heirloom qualities.
Skulls have been one of the most sought after symbols in universal decor for ages and skull decor serves as the go-to solution for those looking to have the perfect balance between edgy and inviting in home decorating.
Skull Lace Print Rug Design
- The artist has layered a dimensional image of an ivory, intricately designed lace skull over a stark black background accenting the detail in the lace pattern.
- The pattern has all the characteristics of a sugar skull with its fine filigree and geometric shapes in a delicate three dimensional design. The nose is an inverted heart with one eye featuring a diamond and the other another heart. The lace design goes further to wrap the skull with a crown-like outline adding to the elegance of the intricate needlework.
- This layered artisan design finishes with a slight “chevron” pattern to the rug fibers giving this throw rug a rich appearance.
Rug Material and Care
- This 3-foot by 5-foot rug is made from 100 percent woven polyester fibers for high durability, long wear and easy maintenance.
- The pile on this printed rug is short and dense for a comfortable feel under the feet but is not thick and plush.
- Simple vacuuming will remove most surface dust and dirt. Polyester fibers are dirt and stain resistant because dirt will settle around the fiber instead of being absorbed by them like wool or cotton.
- Spills can be easily blotted or carpet and rug cleaners that are safe for synthetic fibers can be used.
- This rug is machine washable in cold water on a gentle cycle with a mild detergent.
- It should be air dried or tumble dried on low heat.
Important Ordering Information
- This is a PREMIUM 3×5 rug with an artist’s printed image that made in the USA and is not available in any big box retailer. It is only available to buy online.
- The rug comes in 2×3, 3×5 and 4×6 foot sizes that will accommodate open floor space in just about any room.
- Because this is premium Dia de Muertos decor, it is made to order and ready to ship in just 3 to 5 business days.
- Pricing will be based on the size rug you select and has not been determined by this sugar skull website.