Haunting yet beautiful is this skull bedding featuring an artisan design of Sondra Botticelli’s “Birth of Venus”, the centuries old Italian painting draped over large, somber skulls on rich, deep black background accented with pink blooming rose buds.
This unique skull bedding design is available in FULL, QUEEN and KING sizes for sugar skull bedding fans with an appreciation of the arts.
Mythical in its suggestion, the theme of the painting comes from Roman poet Ovid’s Metamorphoses, in Latin literature. Venus, the Roman goddess of love, sex, beauty and fertility is portrayed naked on a shell on the seashore in the painting.
The winds in the design, blow gently caressing her hair with a shower of roses. You will note, in the skull wrapped images, on her right a handmaid (Ora) waits for the goddess.
Botticelli Venus Skull Bedding Design
- This Venus inspired skull bedding on a rich black background and dotted with rose blossoms is a hand crafted zippered comforter cover that has been expertly cut and hand sewn. It includes a hidden nylon zipper for easy removal when cleaning. Use this to cover your own existing comforter in a dramatic new look, ripe with early renaissance art.
- The featured Venus skull design is in QUEEN size and measures 88×88 inches, fitting a standard QUEEN mattress of 60×80 inches. It is also available in FULL size measuring 79×79 inches and in KING size measuring 104×88 inches.
- This artisan dimensional skull design is showcased on one side of the comforter cover only with the reverse side a soft, solid shade of white.
Black Skull Bedding Fabric and Care
- Comforter cover is made from 100 percent polyester microfiber fabric. Microfiber is a breathable fabric weave similar to cotton and cotton blend fabrics but with superior performance and benefits.
- Microfiber is stain, static, wrinkle and run resistant and will not fade when washed.
- Wash this skull wrapped Italian renaissance art in COLD water using a mild detergent.
- Tumble dry on a low to medium heat setting and avoid the use of hot water, high heat dryer settings and bleach that can damage the fabric.
- As artist designed sugar skull bedding, this is made-to-order in the USA and is not available in stores. You may only buy this online.
- Each zippered “Birth of Venus” wrapped skull comforter cover is ready for shipping to the buyer in about 4 business days.
- If you send this to a USA address, it will arrive within 2 to 8 days via the United States Postal Service. International shipping options are also available.
- This same Venus design is available in other skull home decor through the link below.